21 November, 2012

disconnected.

oh wow..... it's really been 4 months since I've last blogged...

Well, it's official, I now have internet, so I now have no excuse not to:
A.) Blog
B.) Facebook
C.) Email
D.) Skype

But then again, I am working 40+ hours a week and helping in the church... so maybe I do have a little bit of an excuse still... :S

Although it's been hard sans internet, it's been a nice time away.
I don't feel as dependent on the internet, I forget I have it at times.
It's been good I think for the last 4 months, because it got me out of my house to explore my neighborhood.
My neighbors now know me, and I know them---maybe not their names... I just greet them by saying, "Vecino, Buenas Tardes!" (Neighbor, good afternoon!).  I love that here, you really don't have to remember many people's names.  In church, I just say "Hermano/Hermana" to the Brothers and Sisters in the faith that are older.  It's more respectable I think, and so much easier for me :)

I would like to do some good updates in the days to come... I'm in exam week right now at the school (every month it's the death of me!) and we're all getting ready for Christmas break!

I thought college was bad and I was so ready for a break... but after working 7 days a week for the last 10 months with very few days without some sort of class/work... I'm SOOOO ready.
Bring on the holiday season!
Paneton and Chocolate .... More on that later :)


But, if you've been wondering if I've been lonely, I'd have to say for the most part no.
I now have a roommate, Brella.
I might've had unexpected visitors in my first few months, so she was a necessary addition.
She's growing fast, I got her at 6 weeks.  She is super playful.
I think she thinks that EVERYTHING I own is a toy for HER.  Wrong.
(Please note my annoyed tone in that last sentence)

No, I am not a cat person, and I really don't like her that much.  She has her her bad times more often than good times, but we make things work.
I give her food, and play with her sometimes, and she scares away any unwanted visitors.

(Just now I kicked her out of the office for doing her nail thing on my great-grandmother's quilt... sorry Brella, not going to have it!)

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

YAY! a cat!!!