08 January, 2012

quilted!

When I went down to Peru for my interview in November, I brought down a suitcase of things "just in case" I got a job and was going to decide to move down there in January.
---Ok, I was pretty sure it was going to happen, obviously :)

I brought down a mattress pad, a lamp, facewash, towels, white board markers... you get the idea.
I was thinking about a comforter that I would have on my bed.  I've always had a down filled duvet (I'm always so cold!) -- but that will be a little hard to bring with me without taking up a whole half of a suitcase.  Space and weight is everything people!

So I started to think, "I would love to bring down a vintage quilt."  Not a store bought one, but one that has been made with love.  Don't know where I got that idea from, but I was convinced, this would be great to have!

One night I told my mom this, and she just looked at me and said, "I have one."
WHAT?!  
"Yes, I have one that my grandma made.  I don't use it because it's not my colors, but she handmade the whole thing."

Okay readers, check this out:


Isn't it BEAUTIFUL!!!!  Handmade, all of it, every single patch, quilting, all of it.  
I was amazed, and it brought tears to my eyes!!
Not only will I now be bringing the desired vintage quilt, but I will bring one that my great-grandmother made with her own hands!

    

Vintage fabrics, and even hand signed and dated.
Finished January 4, 1966.
Thank you great-grandma Myrle.
I will cherish this quilt more than you can know!

Thank you, Lord, for knowing the desires of my heart.
Such a sweet blessing.

No comments: