18 November, 2006

The start of something Wonderful!

Alas!!! God provided a perfect ministry opportunity!!
Thank you for those praying for me to find a way to get involved,
and yet again, He was faithful and provided!
I am going to start spending time at a "Comedor" on Saturdays for sure, and hopefully other days during the week as my schedule will allow it.
I went to meet the lady that started this ministry on Thursday, and today to see the ministy first hand, and it was so wonderful.

This is in an area that is pretty poverty strucken, and many kids there are in homes where they can't afford food on the table. So this weighed on the heart of Cesil, and she started a place outside her home to give these kids lunch 3 times a week. Two and a half years later, there is now a closed in area where they are able to provide lunch 7 days a week to many kids in the surrounding area. They have around 70 different kids that come through during the week.
Everyday they start out with singing and praying before they serve out lunch. And on Saturdays they do a Bible study for the kids. I met other missionaries today that were helping there, and getting to know the women that run this was so great. They all have such beautiful hearts for the Lord. I have a lot to learn from them.
God has blessed that ministry right before my eyes in the two days that I have gotten to spend with these people.
I will blog more as I start to get more involved there, I'm sure there will be many stories to tell, because this sure is a lively group! I'm excited for God to use this in my life to teach me, and to use me.
These are just some pictures from my afternoon there. The kids are so great, and I can't wait to get to know them all better!

2 comments:

Joelle said...

Oh annie...i love it! These pictures reflect you and your desire for these children to know God! It's so awesome the opportunities you are being given! Is your spanish getting better? Keep loving them and we'll keep praying for you.

danielle said...

Yay- you're working there! I just love that and if I came to visit, I would be most excited to go there with you and watch you interact with the kids because I know you do an amazing job! ps. I like your new blog layout! Good choice!