17 October, 2006

welcome to my house!

Here is a picture with the biggest avocado I've seen! It was 400 colones, which means it was 80 cents!! what a steal! I'm going to attempt to make guacamole once it's ripe! But with that said, I took some pictures of my house, and around my house. I have yet to take pictures of the PEOPLE I'm meeting, I'm pretty shy when it comes to that. But I assure you all I'm meeting many fabulous people, and I will get pictures of them up once they are taken!! hehe!
This is my house from the front. My room is the big window on the left. All houses have gates with a patio type thing in front. That is where they park their car. And then there are bars on all the windows, and on most gates there's barbed wire. The theft here is pretty bad I've been told. Mostly cars, but like anyother place, they'll take what they can get. But praise the Lord nothing has happened to Aida's house. Edwind is very carful about locking up at night.
Oh, and during the day it's really funny, and quite annoying because venders will come to the gates and yell for your attention because they want to sell you something. It happens at least 3 times a day, no exageration!



Here is the garage from inside the gate, and the back yard. This is also where the Harmon's live. They have their own little house that's really cute.
Oh, and we hang dry all our clothes!! We have to make sure we take it down by noon or so, because it usually rains in the afternoon.

These are just a few pics of the neighborhood. All the houses are RIGHT next to eachother.
We live right next to a soda (which is a little place where you can grab lunch, buy bread and candies...how convenient!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

annie, you've been blogging so faithfully! how wonderful. i haven't checked in awhile, but your pictures and stories are amazing. i'm so proud of you! it looks like you're having a great time. love you! keep blogging :)
xoxo

danielle said...

Well hello- Derek and Elizabeth say hello and I quote, "tell her hi and we miss her and we hope she's having fun; is she having fun?" haha- I told them you are, but we all miss you! I love you lots and I hope your guacamole turns out! mmm

Taryn said...

well hello there miss annie, I always seem to follow trends way behind, I recently joined the blogging world...and that one huge avocado...I heart avocado's!! Anyway just letting you know I am praying...that you have courage to take pictures of the people you are meeting...i am excited to see them!! Love you lots...keep in touch!!

Joelle said...

Jaynee would be proud of your purchase

Anonymous said...

Hola Annie!
No se si tu me recuerdas de Briercrest...soy una amiga de Jenn Spencer.
Que bien que estas disfrutando tu tiempo en Costa Rica! Estoy en Mexico ahora, estoy estudiano el espanol en una pequena ciudad que se llama "Campeche". Me encanta la gente, el pais tambien...creo que es muy similar que Costa Rica...las casas, las tiendas, la gente. Como van los estudios en espanol? Es dificil para aprender, pero poco a poco va a ser mas facil, y es increible cuando puedes comunicar con la gente tan amable. Buena suerte! Que te vaya bien.
De: Sheilagh :)