18 October, 2006

a funny wake up call

I woke up to something that was not on my floor when I went to bed! It's all part of the experience right....shoot! The most common insect in Costa Rica I'm convinced is cockroaches. I've seen a few; a couple alive, a couple dead. I must say the dead ones are the best ones! And that was the one pictured here is. It was dead in the middle of my floor with little ants crawling all around it. So I got Aida to sweep it up, because she didn't want me to vacuum it up. Then I heard her in the kitchen poking fun at me....haha. Oh well!

But on a less disgusting and much happier note, I was reminded and confirmed in my quiet time of Christ's faithfulness.

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."
---Lamentations 3:22-23

As I sit here in Costa Rica, I'm reminded again why I am here. For it is for the work of the Lord to be done in me and through me. I am humbled at the daily rising of the sun by His faithfulness in all things. Funny how He had to bring me to Costa Rica to get me to a place in my heart such as this. As hard as it is day in and day out to fight the battle of learning a different language and struggle to get your thoughts across, I remember that I am not alone. It is the Lord that understands me even when I cannot conjugate the verb correctly, or think of the noun I need... I can come to Him and He always understands, and is always listening.
Morning by Morning new Mercies I see...
I will say it again...
Great is your faithfulness!

3 comments:

Joelle said...

Bugs are just right sick! I think it's kinda funny that you took a picture of it and posted it though...with the pink background you almost made them look cute! Thanks for the encouragement Annie, keep living joyfully!

danielle said...

You guys and your pink makes me sick- just kidding. Annie, you amaze me, and i'm going to write you an email now, because I've got too much to say to you- but not gonna lie, this post makes me wanna cry. Love you short-time!

annie.marie said...

okay, i didn't put the pink backround on it to make it look cute..haha, i wish i would have thought of that!! but it's actally the color of my carpet! haha, glad you girls liked it!!