26 November, 2012

T-city Top Ten #1: A Taste

The most appropriate to way to start this T-city Top 10 series is with a blurb about the Peruvian cuisine.  Every country I have been to, I have been asked... "Do you like the food?" Japan, China, Korea, Mexico, Costa Rica... etc.  My answer is always yes, because I don't consider myself a very picky eater.  However, the cuisine is the PRIDE of Peru, and well-deserved.  They do have some tasteful dishes.

One thing they are known for is Ceviche.  SOOOO good.  It's fish, but not fishy fish.  It's fish cooked in lime juice, served on a plate with onion.  I love lime juice, ají (Peruvian spice) and onion as well --- so the combination makes my mouth water just thinking about it!  It's usually served as a starter plate/appetizer while you're waiting for your main meal.




Above is a plate of ceviche with potato and yuca, and the cup (which I think I've blogged before) is a cup of ceviche, but this has a different juice that includes cilantro -- YUM!!!


The Peruvian pop (soda), Inca Kola, is now distributed by CocaCola... no surprise.  It's yellow pop with some say a flavor of bubble gum.  I don't taste it.  It has a good flavor, and on a warm day, a cold Inca really hits the spot :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Нi thеre mates, how is eveгything, and what you deѕire to say on the topic оf this ρost, in mу
νieω its really awesome in support of me.


Feel free to visit my blog post :: abrir cuenta facebook