25 April, 2012

pollo & caramel macchiato. (but not together)

after surviving my second month of teaching, we had 2 whole days off to recover, and then started the April cycle of classes.
what did i do in my 2 days?!
well, i entered the marks for my classes from March one day, and the second day i prepped classes for the next day :)
ok, i DID have some fun!

a lovely British friend from my school is heading home this month.  her and her Peruvian fiancĂ© invited me out for pollo a la brasa.  that's fancy (or spanish) for grilled chicken & french fries!!
i hadn't had it yet, so they took me to a delightful chicken place: we ate, we laughed, and we had fun.  i will be sad to see her go :(
they brought me (and treated!) because 2 months back i helped her fiancĂ© in asking for her hand in marriage with his to-be in-laws via skype.  it was really sweet actually to be a part of that!
praying that the Lord will bless this time as they prepare for a life together.

i also finally went to Starbucks that is here in T-city -- yes to carmel macchiato!!!
being in a starbucks i really felt like i was bolted into another world... a world so familiar.
it warmed my heart.
delicious coffee, dear friends, great chats.

as a side note: in coming here, i came knowing many people here, and having friends.  but as i was preparing, i felt that the Lord was asking me to be open to new friends.  in reality, i didn't want new friends, i was just so excited to build on the friendships i already.  but i was open, and have been open.  he has brought me friendships that, only of the Lord, have gone deep and real in such a short time.
again, so blessed by that.



No comments: