25 April, 2012

my own kind of marathon...

Ruins (in the distance) in Chiquitoy --- see post below!

maybe i should just be honest and say that i'll be lucky to post once a month... :)
that's what i'll shoot for.
i'll share pictures, stories, cultural lessons, what i'm learning, etc.

i'm still running and running with the ebb and flow of life down here.
working 3 classes this month again, what a blessing!  i've been called to sub for other teachers which makes it a little more than 3 classes which helps me out financially.

although in American eyes i'm making peanuts as a wage, i'm so happy at the end of every month (you are paid monthly down here) to see that the Lord has provided for exactly what i need.
i have enough to cover my expenses, and a very little bit for necessities, taxis, and fun with friends.
it just fills my heart and calls my heart to worship my Provider.

i've had more days off in this last month since i've posted (7 collectively!!) than i've had since i've started-- which has been SO refreshing.

let me recap just what has been happening on this side of the equator...
- 1 trip outside T-city with friends
- 1 birthday
- 2 earthquakes (yikes!)
- 2 trips to the beach
- 3 trips to Starbucks!
- 3 months in Peru!
- 3 Easter church services
- 4 baking successes!
- 5 days under 80 degrees (more of that please!)
- 6 substitute days
- 7 vacation days
- 8 (ate) & cooked a meal with my small group
- 9 the number of times I was asked how old I am now from my students, ha!
- 10 minutes: how long it takes me to walk to work and get set up in my classroom

here are some posts about the end of march to april.
[i'm going to try to post them in order!]

No comments: