25 April, 2012

birthday.

i had my first Peruvian birthday!
my birthday fell on the Monday after Easter, so I asked for that day off of work too, found substitutes, and i was set!!

in the morning Pastor Marco made me an omelette, yum!, and then i went up to the rooftop to spend time reading and journaling.  it was so refreshing and relaxing.  just thinking about this past year, the Lord's mercies, grace and blessings.  i've been blessed with another year of life, so grateful!  may i use this next year, if you will, to bring glory to your name.


Olenka and Gaby took me to Roky's for Pollo a la Brasa (again, yum!) and then my friend Lessly took me to the beach to walk, talk and watch the sunset.  so fun and chill.


the birthday sunset, a gift from above!

the ladies: Graciela, yo, Cinthia
the gentelman: Toño, Jorge and Sebastian











In the evening, my small group invited me out for Chifa: Chinese food!  I love Chinese food, but haven't tried it Peruvian style yet.

It was delish!!  But I enjoyed the company more, good friends, good food = good times!

When I got home, it was time to prepare for Pastor Marco's birthday!!  His birthday is the 10th, so Gaby and I walked the streets looking for ingredients to make him a birthday cake.  We decided on a Banana Cake, which turned out awesome!

The next day I returned to work, sigh.  No, it was actually so good to be back!  AND my students even threw me a surprise party!!  They took pics, hope to post them soon if they ever bring them for me!!

my Peruvian birthday was a success.  I also heard from many people via email, facebook, skype AND snail mail (packages & letters, so great!!) !!!!
Birthday singing on Easter Sunday from 2 sissys & 2 nieces!
Birthday singing on my bday from the rest of the fam!








Thank you all for your love!!

No comments: