06 March, 2012

i lift my eyes up...

One afternoon I just needed to be filled.
NOT by man, not by man's words (phone, internet, in my house).

Where should I go?
Where should I turn?

I battled within, reluctant to go to the roof.
My spirit was SO willing, yet flesh so weak.
I marched up those 14 stairs to the rooftop to meet with my Lord.
Sitting down at the table, opening His Word, just then...
I looked out (NorthEast) and it HIT me.

My EYES could not behold the glory that was screaming from the mountains.
I cried.

He met me, He filled me, and He blessed me.

{note: the pictures cannot exactly capture the majestic beauty I saw in these "mountains"...
but trust me, they were, and still are, beautiful!}

On normal days, these mountains are not visible... and I've never seen them like this - purple mountains majesty!!
Soaking up the word under the canopy with clothes on the line :)














I lift my eyes up, unto the mountains, Where does my help come from?
My help comes from You, maker of heaven
Creator of the earth
Oh how I need you Lord, You are my only hope
You're my only prayer
So I will wait for You
To come and rescue me, To come and give me life



1 comment:

emily w. said...

amen! this is beautiful annie. may He continue to meet you. he is able to make ALL GRACE abound to you - whatever you're feeling today. we talked in small group last night about hebrews 2 and how Jesus is our brother & high priest, able to sympathize with our weaknesses because he was tempted in every way - yet without sin! praise God! love you and miss you, sweet friend!