24 January, 2012

Sister date + SURPRISE!

This past Friday I didn't have plans, so my little {host} sister, Gabriela, or Gabi, and I decided to hit up the mall to grab a bit to eat, and shop or see a movie.

There were not any good movies going on, and Gabi insisted they would run too late.  
I didn't think they would run that late, but she insisted that we better not.

me and Gabi before hitting the town!

we ate pizza :)

After our delicious meal, we shopped a little and a little before 9pm we took a taxi back to the church where her dad was.  He said he would take us home.  I asked why we don't just take a taxi back to the house, and Gabi said that we better just go to the church.

Upon arrival at the church, Marco asked if I had seen the "Study Hall" yet - I hadn't so he said to go on up and take a look.  Confused, I went up, and opened the door and couldn't really see because it was dark.  I didn't know how to turn on the lights, but it looked like there was a cake on the table.

THEN the lights turned on and the next thing I knew confetti was flying, silly string too!!
And the words "SORPRESA" were yelled from my friends that were 
hiding in the room waiting for me.

That's right - they threw me a Surprise "Welcome Here" party.
So very sweet!!!


We played various games...

and then they sang to me and we cut the chocolate capuccino cake (yum!).

   

 So excited to live so close to these dear friends.
I've missed them mucho!!!

No comments: