18 January, 2012

Recounting.

Bless the Lord, oh my soul!

It was very clear that this trip to T-city was guided by the Lord's hand.
Let me recount his GOODness.

  • I arrived at the airport with 3 suitcases (well 5, but 2 I brought with me on the plane...).  After much research on the internet, I knew how much each bag was to cost.  At the counter they told me that I could not check 3 bags to Lima, it was not permitted on Continental.  SO I told the man that it does NOT say that on the internet.  He then patiently worked with me, and I kept my cool too!  SO he changed my flight to United so I flew to Lima through Houston instead of Newark--- do not ask my why that made a difference but it did, and it worked!!
  • Goodbyes were hard, but there were minimal tears... so grateful.
  • The security line was short :)
  • TSA didn't check my bags!!!
  • Flight to Houston went well (minus the tears I shed... the poor man beside me!)
  • I got the LAST seat on this small plane.
  • My bags fit on the SMALL plan---miracle!
  • 3 hour layover in Houston was nice, and because I went through Houston, my flights were shorter!
  • Flight to Lima went smooth, I was seated in a row with more leg room free of charge!
  • I got some sleep on the plane!
  • Approaching Immigration I started to get nervous. When it came time to choose a line I thought I was choosing one that was a bit faster.  But it turns out the line was shorter because no one wanted to be in this line because the lady was super slow.  However, I waited it out, and all went well. >>>I GOT THE 183 DAY VISA NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!!<<< Praise the Lord!!!
  • All my luggage arrived.
  • My friend accompanied me to my Hostal so that I didn't have to hand my luggage by myself and the Hostal was AMAZING!  Clean room, hot water, comfortable bed, quiet, breakfast in the morn, and they brought me back to the airport to catch my last flight to T-city.
  • I should've paid SO much for all my luggage on my national flight, but the Lord gave them grace for me and I only had to pay $40 - wow!
  • My last flight went smooth, and I arrived in T-city at 5pm safe and sound, welcomed by the warm sun :)
All my luggage fit in the Pastor's car (old VW beetle, bright blue!) and I entered what I can now call my house and a room ready for me to occupy!!  Minus the hundreds of books (the library) that is in my room.

Here is a photo (from my bedroom window) of the sunset the Lord gave me to welcome me back to this city of my heart.
(Please note the sky's colors were more impressive in person... all are welcome to come and see for themselves :D)



Missing my friends and family a lot, I still am in shock and cannot believe I will be here for a good amount of time.

Lord keep me faithful and TRUSTING in you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing how God was faithful in so many "small" ways in your 32 hours of traveling! So glad to hear it went so well! I didn't realize that they didn't charge you much for that extra bag- how did that happen- crazy! I thought you expected it to a couple hundred dollars.....God. So glad you're blogging again! hugs from MN! We don't have skype set up yet fully, but we're working on it. soon.

Anonymous said...

sorry, that comment was from me- Amanda McAlpine

Nikki said...

So very glad all went well!! Love you :)