21 May, 2007

Horquetas de Sarapiqui~

I had the opportunity to go live in the jungle/rainforest for 10 days, and it was increadible!!

There is an Alliance church there, and I got the opportunity to live with the pastors and to experience their church while I was there. I met a lot of people in the church by doing house visits!! Each day someone opened their house to me and had me over to talk with me, and then they served me lunch. It was so humbling, because a lot of these people have nothing. They have the house they live in, and are sincerely grateful for each meal the Lord provides them. I learned a lot from these people. I also got the opportunity to go to the pastor's son's school and teach English for a week or so. That was interesting, and very fun. It is a small school (of about 20 students), and are from preschool to grade 12. I had the chance to teach grades 7-12. Since I'm looking at continuing my studies in college with this major (Teaching English as a Second Language) this was a great opportunity for me to see what I would be getting into!

I learned a lot in the days that I was there. The pastors were very welcoming and giving. They take so much time for anyone that comes to their door, and that was so amazing to see. The people are very accepting and loving. Just life in general there is more slow pace than the busy city life that I've been living in the time I've been here.

No comments: