29 March, 2007

Minnesota Friends reunion in Costa Rica!

Erin was here for two days before some more of our Minnesota friends flew into Costa Rica!! Amanda and Clint McAlpine! I just love these two, and I was so excited to have them come to spend some good quality time with them, becuase normally when I am home, we have dinner together, and then I leave! AND Amanda is 7 months pregnant (I found out she was pregnant just before I was going to leave), so I was so excited to see her preggo!

Since all 4 of us only had a few days together, we decided to hit the beach!! But this time I was bringing my guests to what is said to be the most beautiful beach area! The only downfall, it was a 7 hour bus ride, or a 5 hour drive. We opted for the drive (as it has taken me 6 months to get brave enough to drive here), rented a car and set out bright and early for Guanacaste, where we would stay at Playa Brasilito for the night.


We got there around 11am, and had the whole day to enjoy there! So we got in that ocean as soon as we could, because the heat was increadible!! We had so much fun swimming and suntanning together! After we were tired out from the sun and water, Erin and I took a drive north to Playa Flamingo. We did some hiking around there, and then some swimming on that beach too. We did some wave jumping, and photo shoots. As well as made some new friends. On the 5 minute drive back, we were amazed at the most beautiful sunset!!!! It really was postcard worthy! I think that made my day, it was BEAUTIFUL!
The next day we went south to Playa Conchal. This means Seashell beach, and we had heard it was claimed to be the most beautiful beach here in Costa Rica... so we had to check it out. The sand was made out of small seashells, it was so amazing!! So we spent the rest of our last day on that beach, because it really was very pretty.


We only had one night there, but could have easily stayed all week. The drives to and from the beach were fun, and we all got to know eachother better too. Erin left the morning after we got home from the beach. It was sad to see her go, but it was AWESOME to have her here for that time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you've had a great time with your friends in Costa Rica.

You might like the Costa Rica Forums.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.