18 November, 2006

How do you project the Light?

The more people I meet, the more I've been learning the beauty of the 'body of Christ' that is described in 1 Corinthians 12. When we become Christians, not everyone is going to live the same life, and have the same ministry, but we all have the same mission. Living our lives for Christ and Christ alone. A journey that is lived with daily surrender to Him, and a journey that is learned step by step.
As I've been meeting so many new Christians, I was struggling with grasping this concept of the body of Christ a bit. I attended this semenar, and this woman gave an analogy that I loved because it helped it all become so much clearer!
She described it as when we become Christians we have a light in us. We all shine the same light, but it is projected in different ways. This is simular to lamps. All lamps have a light, but they are all projected differently through different lamp shades. So that concluding we are all different kinds of lamp shades! Very simple, yet I found it very clarifying!

I just wanted to share something that I have been learning!

1 comment:

danielle said...

Well I never thought i'd make it through all your new posts that I've failed to check to see if they're there... but I did! This is good little insight