24 October, 2006

baking up a storm


This past weekend I noticed that there were some really ripe bananas on the counter, so I asked Aida if we could use them for baking after we went to the farmer's market on Saturday morning and purchased a lot more bananas (for those wondering, Banana Man seems to be doing quite well. I was pleased to see him resume his postion for yet another Saturday!). So Saturday afternoon I went back to the Harmon's cabin and baked a delicious banana cake!! We shared it with Aida and Edwin, and I seemed to won their approval because yesterday the had me bake a cake for their son Carlos because it was his birthday! So that was pretty exciting. Because I love baking!! I don't know if it is because of the high altitude we are in, or because it is a different oven, but it took over an hour to bake, when it should have taken 25 minutes...oh well!! Everyone liked it, and I was pleased with it.

2 comments:

danielle said...

Hey little baker! yum... banana cake- sounds great! Can you please become friends with the banana man? haha. Maybe he'll give you some deals on bananas in the future if you do... :). Way to go chef!

Joelle said...

weird that it takes cakes twice as long to brown and only half the time for humans