16 March, 2007

beach bum

i know, i know... you're all thinking, what's this... all her trips to the beach! when you're so close, and for bus tickets for $3, why not! I've recently gone to Jaco beach again for the third time with my friend Kerri before I started classes. It was just a day trip... and it was VERY hot, and very fun!





Then I went on a trip to Beach Manuel Antonio which was absolutely beautiful! I went with some of my classmates from ILE. There is a national reserve park there with 5 private beaches. This I heard is the only place where the jungle comes right down to the ocean. So you hike through a little bit of the jungle to the beaches, and we saw monkeys on the way! A tico was feeding them watermelon ( a big no-no), and he got in trouble for that, but since he did it we got to see white faced monkeys at arms reach! Very cool!

so please spare me the guilt trip comments of why i went to the beach as a missionary, we need breaks too! and instead, comment on how tan i look! :)

No comments: