05 February, 2007

so NIFTY!

My mom turned 50!!!
I got to celebrate my mom's birthday with her when she was here, and it was a big one folks, that's right, she's reached the big 5-0!! hehe.

This pic is of my mom, host mom, host sister Karla and two piano students of hers singing "Cumplanos Feliz" to my mom! So cute!
When we got home from the beach, we went shopping a little bit more, and headed back to my house for a typical dish prepared by my host mom! Arroz con Pollo (Rice with Chicken), and for desert: Tres Leches Cake, SOOOOO GOOOD!! It was a good evening to chat, and for my parents to get to know my host family.
Then next morning we went to church, and then it was already time to bring them back to the airport. Short, but very sweet. It was a great break to spend with them, and to show them my life here in Costa Rica: to meet all the people they hear so much about!
It was hard to see them go, but I was so blessed to spend that time with them!! I am so grateful! And also so grateful for the way the weekend turned out, the Lord blessed us with great safety, and wonderful people to spend our time with!

No comments: