04 October, 2006

Tico Time

Greetings from Costa Rica!
I'm here safe and sound, Praise the Lord for everything going so smooth. I really don't think it could have been any easier! I set out early Tuesday morning and got to go have breakfast with my mom, sister and neice, and then after helping me check, snapping a few pictures, big hugs, and a few tears, I was off into this whole new adventure.

Here is a picture that I entitle "Annie in a picture." (Annie C--This one's for you!)
I packed two 70 pound suitcases, which had to hold all that I will need pretty much for an entire year, and then I had my backpack and a laptop. Oof-da! But no complications, I didn't even get searched, so that was a relief!
Here are a few pictures taken at the airport. Alison me and Myli, then one of me and my mom, and then one of just me with my pack---I look unsure, but honstely, I wasn't nervous at all!




I don't think it really hit me what I was doing, untl I was on the plane. I got butterflies in my stomach when I was thinking about it, and couldn't wipe the grin off my face! I am so excited to where God has called me, and so blessed to be able to experience something like this. Thankyou all over and over again for your support financially and through prayer.

Here is the view from my temporary bedroom window.
So beautiful. From the back window, I can see a non-active volcano!!

That's about all for now I suppose. Just getting settled in, and all that fun stuff.

You guys can go ahead and comment with any questions, I opened it up so that those that aren't even 'bloggers' can leave comments! I'd love to hear them!

A year before me.
I'm so excited to see what God is going to do.

7 comments:

Joelle said...

Annie! You are in Costa Rica! After seeing everything you had in your room at college, I'm surprised you were able to downsize as much as you did. haha. I just pictured you sitting on that plane with a huge smile on your face, and the other people wondering what in the world was making you so happy! I wish you the best and I am so excited to hear about your time. When things get tough don't forget what it felt like to be on the plane that day...best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Annie- hello! so glad to hear you made it and i love the pic of you in a nutshell..lovely! well, we're about to have Bible study and i'll be sure to inform them you arrived! i love you and miss you tons- it looks amazing! we'll pray for you!~ the other annie!

Anonymous said...

how great! i'm so excited for you! :)
i agree with jo...how in the world did you downsize? good for you, i'm proud of you girl! haha
xoxoxox lots of love
4S and 3 squeezes
love michele

jennspencer said...

O man! Let the adventure begin! And now for some Spanish phrases from Jenn that you can correct in your first Spanish lesson! Si, me gusta Costa Rica! Yo tengo pollo est arroz! Donde esta Annie? Soy de Estados Unidos. Soy de un pueblitp rural de Minnesota. Te quiero!! cioa!

Anonymous said...

Yay Annie!! Your there! I love the pictures...nice backpack too!! You are amazing girly, and i am so proud of you. I can't wait to hear more of your stories. I am praying for you lots my love! OH yeah and i love that you took the picture of you and your bag in the bathroom at the airport! thats awesome. Alrighty have fun my little costa rican!
love your little indian friend...Emily

danielle said...

Yay! You're somewhere warm! Haha- I'm so happy to hear that everything went sooo smoothly for you! And that they didn't even check your bags- because that could have been a mess to repack it all! Haha- well I'm missing you lots, but I'm so excited to hear that you are happy where you are! Love you tons!

Anonymous said...

Anne!!
SO good to hear about and see pictures about everything going on at your trip!! It's really bringing me back to last year at this time when I was in Spain. Dad just brought that up to me- Last year at this time Mom, Dad and I would have just bargained our way into a bullfight (I did the bargaining as mom and dad stood back to watch it happen:)). But how exciting that now you are in the opposite direction of Spain studying and learning Spanish in a whole new world- Enjoy every moment!! Soak up the spanish but don't be too hard on yourself. - I have your little picture and magnet right in front of my stove so I think of you every time I cook which is daily. Today Nolan and I went to Open Door church with Britty and Damien and then had them over for lunch afterward. It was so funny- The guys sat at the table chatting while Britty and I made a wholesome meal of pancakes, bacon, breakfast potatoes and banana muffins. It was fun to have them over and they stayed until 3pm!! It was long time to talk and just be in communion with eachother. The past few sermons at church have been about slowing down life and wasting time with God so that's what I've been trying to do on Sunday's along with every day for a while. It's not easy when there's so much to do but it's worth it- Have fun !!! Breonna Bachman