10 October, 2006

My Tico Family...SO GREAT!

Okay, for all of you worried about me here in Costa Rica, here are a few of the faces of those that are taking care of me!! Nothing to worry about!

From Left to right it is Sylvia and Bruce Harmon. They were missionaries in the Phillipines for 25 years and now they are learning Spanish. They live in a house in the backyard. They are very sweet, and super nice. Then it is Edwind and Aida. I don't know their last name, because everyone here has 2 last names. But this is lunch time. We all eat together, and it's really fun!


Here is the meal we had for lunch today. Not tyical, because we always have rice and black beans, but it is still super good. Aida makes really good homemade soup too. We usually have that for suppers.
And then here to the right is Aida and me. She is super fun and funny. We go out in the morning. She walks; I run. She takes me to the safe parks. Today at supper we were talking about how long I will live with them, and I said for a couple months (I really don't know for sure...), and they said that if I live alone I should get a pet. And Edwind mentioned a cat, and I said a dog would be better, and Aida pipped up and said a boyfriend would be even better. Then she proceeded to tell me that Edwind makes a good pet!! They poke fun at eachother all the time, and it's SO funny. She laughed so much at her joke (as did I), and Edwind just sat there and shook his head.
That's my family! The Lord really blessed me with a patient and fun family. I give God all the credit, because there couldn't have been a better fit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,
Sounds like you have a pretty good thing going there. God really answers prayers!! All of us up here at New Song are praying for you, let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. God Bless.
Josh Villebro

jennspencer said...

mmmmmm I like Spanish food! This looks yummy!!
Maybe I sould go eat lunch now!!!
Love Jenn

danielle said...

Cute! i love your family! And I am jealous of both them and you! I'm happy for you because you get to eat rice every day! haha- I'm sure you love it! Miss you so much Annie! Life is different without you- that's for sure!

Joelle said...

Edwind does make a good pet...I agree.